In 2012, Gabriel was selected by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences to
oversee The 39th Daytime Emmy Awards specifically to reinvent the classic Emmy brand from the “soap opera awards” to be the true award-destination for Daytime TV honoring morning shows, talk shows, cooking shows, and children’s TV. For this, Gabriel oversaw every element of the brand, event, telecast, marketing, sponsorship, financing, and production as its Executive Producer. He also introduced social media to the award show which culminated in the Daytime Emmys trending on Twitter for 48 hours which was assumed to be impossible for the brand in need of reinvention.
The following year, Gabriel returned as executive producer of the 40th Daytime Emmy Awards to record media impressions. Gabriel’s true 360° approach to the Daytime Emmys delivered an astonishing billion impressions for the brand, which tripled each of the previous five years.
– Delivered entire program (planning, financing, production, distribution)
– Distribution: Independently Pitched, Negotiated, and closed the TV deal with Turner to Nationally broadcast the event on HLN Network with a reach of 99 Million American Households.
– Production: Oversaw the entire production including casting & talent, scripts and creative, show rundown, video roll-ins, music composition & production, award inclusion, and live transmission.
– Created the show’s overall 40th anniversary concept and brand identity including the show logo, color palate, typography package, graphics package, program cover, event signage, invitations, and even the ticket design.
– Digital Marketing: Independently managed all Social Marketing & Digital Cross-platform marketing and delivered over one billion brand impressions.
– Sponsorship: Oversaw all event & telecast sponsorship activity with brand partners.
– Oversaw all PR initiatives (coordinated with Turner PR and Rogers & Cowan) including pick-up on all platforms including entertainment weeklies, talk shows, and blogs—as well as live red carpet coverage, press room, and recap specials.
– Oversaw Live Nominee Announcements with live segments on Today (2012) and Good Morning America (2013).